25 November 2011

One for You

Hurt by the rocks you throw at me,
but nothing's worse than when you're done
because that's when you don't care anymore;
that's when the you in us is gone.

I've been sailing down the coast
hoping to see a sky of savory blue,
something that can hold hands with me,
something different to help me through.

My little white ship hugs the horizon
while I scoop up the shells distraught on the shore.
Aloof like the leaves that dance off the trees;
I'm a part of something that means so much more.

The sand tells my feet to skip on its back,
and I'm happy to jump and fly like a bird.
The sun's a soft smile in the open air,
and the wind's a language of forgotten words.

I'm a painter of the world with twelve thousand wands,
and my heart is hopeful like everything here. 
The sky's full of fruit for my famished eyes,
and the palms of my hands are peacefully bare.

And a gentle breath brings out the moon
which puts the life of day to rest
while the light from the sun melts the air,
and singes the shoreline to a crispy, white crest.

And I'm an old dreamer with a romance come true
as I lay on the rocks and tickle the sea.
I'm calm like the water when it sings to the stars
as I drift toward a slumber meant just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment