28 November 2011

Conversation

Seriously, why won't you let me love you!!
Why won't you let me love you?!
WHY WON'T YOU JUST LET ME


... Love you?


I know that you are afraid
that letting me love you,
letting me take care of you, 
is somehow going to take away from your...
Independence.


You think that I'm asking you to give up
being... you.


You think that being independent
and having someone take care of you
are two ends of a spectrum...


and that you can only claim one spot
on that spectrum,
either closer to the independence side
or the letting-me-take-care-of-you side.


But what you don't realize, Tanya,
is that you are the spectrum.


And you should really 
just let me 
love you.

1 comment:

  1. Independence.
    To me it's just what most people are accustom to. Being alone.
    But what is worse to fear? love or independence?
    It just sounds like a lonesome life to live.
    But i can't say anything bad about them, i fear them both in the same time.. and it just creates a hole in my hull and I just find myself slowly sinking.
    And standing next to anyone else in this independent land I am the same. Looking for the love of my life, in the mean time people need to learn to love themselves and overcome the fear which anchors them down to independence.
    -anonymouskyle

    ReplyDelete